Bohemian Rhapsody chainmail and Swarovski infused necklace
(CC0144) bohemian rhapsody, chainmaille, chain mail, Swarovski, rose montees, silver, washers, European 4 in 1, Euro 4in1, necklace
A luxurious and ecstatic contemporary necklace for the free spirited in celebration of rapturous joy and life. It captures movement,delightful jingle bells, and the incomparable sparkle that only Swarovski can give.
This was inspired by the YOJ (Year of Jewellery contest at Australia's Beading Forum), the theme of which was "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Bohemian Rhapsody put 3 different main ideas in my mind:
1) Freddie Mercury's song of course (==> music/sound)
2) bohemian (adj.) : "unconventional, alternative, artistic, exotic, way-out (informal), eccentric, avant-garde, off-the-wall (slang), unorthodox, arty"
3) rhapsody: "an expression of ecstatic enthusiasm"
(both definitions from the online Free Dictionary)
1) music: The music part is represented by the many free swinging bells
2) bohemian: Well, I think it is pretty "bohemian" lol!
3) rhapsody ..well to me, this is like enthusiastic ecstasy helped by the colors and the free swing of the elements and the "free floating" Swarovski bicones in multi-random colors.
Also, bohemian is also closely aligned with "gypsy" and for me .. gypsies have a lot of bling, sound, and color. So the bling is in the bicones as well as the closely packed row of Swarovski rose montees .. super bling esp by night.
The central rings-and-washers is my adaptation of a standard Euro4in1 chainmaille. I made the chain to go with it.
That's my Bohemian Rhapsody!!!
* All silver findings in Brass (silver plated, lead free, nickle free) - anti-allergenic.
* Swarovski Rose Montees, Crystal (stone color) with sterling silver plating in SS18 (4.20â€“4.40 mm / 0.17 in.) and SS29 (6.14â€“6.32 mm / 0.24â€“0.25 in.)
* Brass washers (treated for non-tarnish)
* random mix of Swarovski 5328 XILION beads, 4mm
* graduated sizes of deep read glass pearls
* leaf charms in silver and brass
* anodized Aluminium jump rings
I have taken a lot of pictures for this piece to help me document (and remember) the construction which is made in various parts.
The chainmail section is done with washers and strong silver plated (brass) jump rings. This is a standard European 4 in 1 weave. folded over and secured with jumprings in alternating colors (colorful then silver then colorful, etc.). Bicones are attached via invisible beading thread (or fishing line, also called crystal wire).
Jump rings (mw) - are 7mm outer diameter and 1.2mm wire gauge (about 16 ga).
The brass washers (from Cliff Brunton's last auction) has 1cm outer diameter, 6mm inner diameter, and about 1mm thick. They are very slightly domed.
Most of the other important construction notes are as per photos.
How Chain was made
If not sold, most of the time, my works can be found directly from us at:
- My Gallery
- Felting Gallery
- Jewlery Gallery
- Sex Bomb Necklace in Swarovski Crystals and Pearls
- accessory - chainmaille belly dancer belt
- bangle - Peruzian Felt n Cab cuff
- bracelet - Along a Pebbled Path
- bracelet - Ashley Buttons
- bracelet - Frost n Gold
- bracelet - Garden of Babylon
- bracelet - Lush Extravagance
- bracelet - RAW fluff white bracelet
- bracelet - RedBlack Tendrils Peyote
- bracelet - Riotous Garden Wire Crochet
- bracelet - Silken Square RAW
- bracelet - Square Circle of Flowers
- bracelet - Swarov Spiritual Light
- bracelet - Wired to Go
- bracelet - bling of Swarovski + Flowers
- bracelet - chainmail for bro
- bracelet - crochet Cyclamen Opal Multicol
- bracelet - crochet Turquoise + Pink
- bracelet - retro metallica
- brooch - Bert and Ernie
- brooch - LSD owlet
- brooch - Oscar owlet
- brooch - Sunshine
- brooch pendant - Emily owlet
- earrings - Bugle Dangle collection
- earrings - Chinaman Angel
- earrings - Flower Column
- earrings - Halo Christmas Angel
- earrings - Ice Maiden
- earrings - Jet Christmas Angel
- earrings - Kitty Angel 1
- earrings - Kitty Angel 2
- earrings - RAW Bugles in Topaz
- earrings - Silver Gold Jingle Bells
- earrings - Silver Jingle Bells
- earrings - Sunshine Squares
- earrings - Swarovski Blues
- earrings - Swirl of Snow
- earrings - Swirls of Nature
- earrings - Wire Wrapped Turquoise Mint Pink
- earrings - Wooden Warm Pandoras
- earrings - chainmaille Miyuki Amethyst
- earrings - chainmaille Miyuki Sapphire
- earrings - chainmaille Swarovski Glory
- necklace - Birdie Trio
- necklace - Bohemian Rhapsody
- necklace - Bride in Chains
- necklace - Chainmaille Gemmies
- necklace - Copper Cosmic Pendant
- necklace - Dangle n Bell 1
- necklace - Dangle n Butterfly
- necklace - Gentle Trio
- necklace - Illusion Geometrics
- necklace - Keystone Sunflower
- necklace - Madame Pompadour choker
- necklace - Monolith Obelisk Pendant
- necklace - Natty Owlets
- necklace - Swarovski Chainmaille choker
- necklace - Swarovski wire necklace
- necklace - Technicolor Dream Cross
- necklace - Wedding Flourish
- necklace - chain Turquoise + Orange
- necklace - chainmaille Silver + Brass Washers
- necklace - color me joyful
- necklace - crochet Cyclamen Opal Multicol
- necklace - crochet Turquoise + Pink
- necklace -wirewrapped crystal quartz
- pendant - Ocean Garden Urban Rock
- pendant - Pink Green and Felt
- pendant - RAW Bugle in Topaz
- pendant - Red Power Urban Rock
- pendant - The Wheel
- pendant - Violet Blue Frost Urban Rock
- pendant - Wooded Square
- set - Freeform Ocean Treasures
- set - Wild Hearts
- sets - Modern Metallics necklaces earrings
- sets - RAW Petite Fleur
- sets - RAW Underwater Garden
- Miscellaneous Gallery
- Artists Gallery
- My Gallery