Ring Size Chart
How to find the right ring size
The correct ring size is important to ensure a perfect fit whether you are shopping for yourself or a present for someone else. You can either use a good-fitting ring or by measuring the finger in question.
Measuring an existing ring
Place a fitting ring on a professional ring size mandrel.
Measuring the finger
You can use a finger size strip to wrap around your finger to get the correct measurement. if you don't have one, then measure as follows:
- Using a piece of string or strip of paper (no wider than 1/4 inch), wrap it around your finger.
- Mark the point where the two ends meet - this gives you the circumference of your finger. Measure this against a ruler in either inches or mm. You now have the circumference of your finger.
- Divide the circumference by 3.14 to get the diameter of your finger.
- Use the diameter measurement to get your ring size using the International Ring Size Conversion chart below.
International Ring Size Conversion Chart
Tips for Measuring Ring Size
- Temperature, humidity, and exercise can affect your finger size.
Best to measure finger at room temperature, at the end of the day (when finger is largest).
Do not measure after a hot shower, time outdoors in winter, or immediately after exercising.
- Advisable that women do not measure during their menstrual cycle. Due to water retention, finger may be larger and could result in a loose fit.
- Measure around widest part of finger. For e.g. if finger joints are prominent.
- For a more accurate measurement, visit a jeweler to get your finger sized.